Joomla Hosting in 2020 – The Top Providers For You
If you’re looking for a good content management suite (CMS) with which to build your next website, you’ve likely heard about Joomla. The CMS has become one of the most popular platforms around, and for good reason. It’s easy to use, lightweight to install, and most importantly; free. Even so, if you’re building a website from scratch, setting up your hosting to manage Joomla can be tricky.
As an open source CMS, Joomla is highly customizable, letting you add new tools and personalize everything down to your dashboard menus to manage it the way you want. To get the most out of Joomla, however, you should pair the CMS with a hosting service that optimizes your efforts. Read our in-depth Joomla Reviews, and before making a choice, ask yourself these questions:
- Does it give you 1-click Joomla installation?
- Can you manage multiple databases for testing and hosting?
- Are servers optimized to run Joomla?
- How extensible is the server?
- Is there dedicated Joomla hosting support?
What is Joomla Hosting?
As one of the biggest CMS platforms available, Joomla is widely used across the internet with over 30 million web pages built with it. Most users love Joomla because it’s open source, it gives you impressive customizability with more than 10,000 unique components, and it features a simple and easy-to-grasp control panel.
Joomla is also known as one of the most lightweight CMS tools, so it is utilized with many hosting plans and servers that have less space and resources available. The platform is designed to run on servers that operate Linux and support both MySQL and PHP languages. One of our favorite things that kept coming up in our Joomla hosting reviews is that the platform doesn’t require complex coding knowledge to manage.
Why do You Need Joomla Hosting?
In addition to making your life easier, Joomla hosting gives you a boost when setting up your website with the popular CMS. The most immediate reason why you should consider Joomla hosting for your website is that it gives you a pre-set environment to get started in, without requiring complex installation.
Instead of spending time poking around your root access, or manually setting up Joomla, most Joomla hosting services give you 1-click installations and ready-to-use dashboards. Moreover, most Joomla hosting plans include the ability to set up multiple databases, as well as native compatibility with the all-important MySQL and multiple versions of PHP to ensure you can connect with any version. Finally, dedicated Joomla hosting also gives you the ability to easily integrate different tools, add-ons, and widgets to help customize both your back-end tools and your front-end.
What are the Benefits of Joomla Hosting?
- Joomla is ready to use out of the box: The clearest benefit of choosing a dedicated Joomla hosting plan is that it comes pre-set to get you up and running as quickly as possible out of the box. While it is easy to use, setting up Joomla the right way is important to avoid complications, crashes, and website failures down the line.
- Easy 1-click integrations for hundreds of extensions: More importantly, you can quickly customize your Joomla CMS with a wide variety of integrations and add-ons with just a single click. Instead of having to root through a command line every time you wish to add something, Joomla hosting lets you quickly add the tools you need.
- Get specialized support for your CMS: This is another important issue when you’re a beginner. If you have problems, general hosting plans may not have the resources and support you need to resolve them. On the other hand, our Joomla hosting reviews confirm that companies which offer specialized hosting can consistently give you better, more relevant support.
What Factors to Consider for Joomla Hosting
- Does it help expand your Joomla knowledge? While you shouldn’t have a degree to operate your website, understanding how to set up and modify your Joomla CMS is important. Hosting services that guide you through the process and give you tutorials, articles, and other educational tools rank higher than those that simply drop you in the deep end.
- How many domains does it offer you? If you’re setting up Joomla, you’re likely trying to create not just a website, but a complete service. Having all of your accounts and domains in a single location makes your life easier and reduces friction when you’re trying to launch new sites. If a hosting service gives you a single domain, they’re likely going to charge you for more, raising your costs.
- How reliable is your hosting? Although Joomla is famously lightweight and fast, it does require you to have servers that are built and designed for it. Going with a non-Joomla hosting plan may save you a few dollars but using an optimized server will make your website more reliable thanks to the many tools and specific choices that go into Joomla servers.
- Can it handle more than one database at a time? Building a website today requires you to have multiple databases running simultaneously. The ideal Joomla hosting review always looks for plans that let you create many (or in some cases unlimited) databases, and gives you access to major languages like MySQL.
Choose the Best Joomla Web Hosting
Joomla is a popular CMS for good reason, and you’re smart for choosing it to build your website. However, you should also invest in making sure it runs as smoothly and effectively as possible. Read our in-depth Joomla Hosting reviews and explore the services we list to see which is the right fit for your website’s needs.